[Groff] Problem with tables changing setting.

From: Radek
Subject: [Groff] Problem with tables changing setting.
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:06:41 +0200

Hello, it's me Radek again.
It's hard to describe my problems so I will try to isolate them and
create small demonstration cases.  And this is one of them.
I do not know if the attachment will pass the list, because I need to
show the PDF i got as an evidence what's happening.  In case it will
not pass the source code is:

\# -*- mode: nroff; -*-
\# $Header$
\# Demonstrate the broken table typesetting.
.
\# Set the base font size.
.ps 12
.pv 14.4
.
\# Define necessary macros for this document
\# Render the code example.
.de %CODE
.nf
.in +5
.ft CR
..
.de %ENDCODE
.ft TR
.in -5
.fi
..
.
Now, this is some text.  Looks good.  Now typeset the table.
See following variables.
.%CODE
\&.f = \n[.f]
\&.s = \n[.s]
\&.v = \n[.v]
\&.i = \n[.i]
\&.l = \n[.l]
\&.L = \n[.L]
\&.j = \n[.j]
\&.u = \n[.u]
\&.ce = \n[.ce]
.%ENDCODE
.
.TS
center;
c c
c l.
char    Unit
_
c    Centimeters
i    Inches
m    Ems
n    Ens
p    Points
P    Picas
.TE
Now see this text.  Is it good size and shape?
It is not.  And see the variables again.
.%CODE
\&.f = \n[.f]
\&.s = \n[.s]
\&.v = \n[.v]
\&.i = \n[.i]
\&.l = \n[.l]
\&.L = \n[.L]
\&.j = \n[.j]
\&.u = \n[.u]
\&.ce = \n[.ce]
.%ENDCODE
Something is either wrong, or I do not underestand how to use \fItbl\fP.
.br
.sp 2v
The groff used to get this PDF is version \n(.x.\n(.y.\n(.Y.
.\" EOF

And I can upload the PDF to my small web but my connectivity is bad now.
http://www.hnilica.cz/tmp/groff/table.pdf

Do I something wrongly, or is there a bug in tbl?

--
Radek