[Groff] calling all automake'ers ...

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: [Groff] calling all automake'ers ...
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:23:21 -0400

I've been dealing with updates to  contrib/gmkdiff  within groff, and there
is an issue that I could use some help with ...

Over the years, the bash-isms of the original shell script have been removed,
but the basic algorithm depends of Gnu's  sed(1)  and  diff(1) .  As I
understand it, it _might_ be possible to have  autoconf/automake  apply the
appropriate changes to the script to use the appropriate version of those
commands when it shows up on non-Gnu environments.  Solaris is the problematic
OS of the moment, but my head swims when I ponder  Makefile.am ,  Makefile.in ,
etc.

        Is there any  autoconf/automake  guru out there
        willing to help me get this right?

Discussion can be found at
          http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44768

--