Re: [Groff] adding non-native font directories [Was: fontconfig]

From: SGT. Garcia
Subject: Re: [Groff] adding non-native font directories [Was: fontconfig]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 20:10:48 -0500

On Mar 03  15:31 -0500, Peter Schaffter wrote:
> If these directories do not exist, you may create them.  The
> site-font directory is searched by groff so there's no need to set
> GROFF_FONT_PATH or use the -F flag.  site-font is not overwritten by
> any new groff install, so your fonts are safe.
>
> Lastly, as Dale pointed out, the bash script 'install-font.sh' takes
> care of all the details of groff font installation.
>
> Hope this clarifies things.
>
> --
> Peter Schaffter

thank you very much indeed. the fonts i wanted luckily qualified (OCR A
extended and Squarish Sans). just a note on the script which seems very
old; back-ticks (`) are deprecated and also mkdir could use -p. first run
failed for me but that's probably because groff in on my system
(gentoo-linux) is installed under /usr as opposed to /usr/local. although
if you're going to call chmod later i suppose you could use `install'.

back to groff itself, i mentioned OCR because i was wondering if i could
make groff to show every digit in my document using OCR? this would be
really cool! i think.