[Groff] lilypond and groff

From: Grégoire Babey
Subject: [Groff] lilypond and groff
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 23:05:44 +0100

Hi groffies,

I need to insert just 2 lines of music between lines of text.
I took a look in the archives and found explanations about glilypond.
I was reading the manpage of glilypond too.
I understood, there are 3 ways to insert music in a text:

I choosed first very simple lilypond input to practice (file = glil.ly):

{
  c' e' g' e'
}

1. Turn the lilypond input into an .eps :

glilypond --pdf2eps glil.ly

Insert the line beginning with .PSPIC in your text and groff it:
groff -me -p michao1.me > michao1.ps

This way works, but the music is not between the lines of text,
it takes a whole page (see attachement 1).

2. Integrated lilypond code:

Just insert lilypond input code into your groff input-lines like that:

 la jument de Michao
 et son petit poulain
 a passé dans le pré
 et mangé tout le foin
.lilypond start
\version "2.16.2"
{
  c' e' g' e'
}
.lilypond end

I tried to groff it with:
groff -me -kpo michao2.me > michao2.ps

There is a error message: "troff: bad output page list"
Michao2.ps was created, but you cannot read it (see attachement 2).

3. I tried the inclusion of ly-files too:

Insert
.lilypond include glil.ly
in your groff input-lines.

command: groff -me -kpo michao3.me > michao3.ps
error message: "troff: bad output page list"
michao3.ps was created, but you can not read it (the same as at 2.)

I didn't find out how you can take glilypond into the groff-command.
I found no option for it.

Could someone explain that to me?

Thanks a lot
Grégoire