Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 13:08:29 +0100 (CET)

Hi Ralph,

> What about string expressions that give strings as results?  And having
> `.ds' take a new-format expression?

This is a totally different thing.  We had been talking about conditionals and
numerical expressions.

> I'm fed up pointing out in different emails this is about having some of
> those new mom-using users step across into troff:

If they use MOM they are using groff.  It's not important if they are using
low level troff.  There will always be some developers how learn troff
requests.  And if not?  MOM is available and has it's maintainer.  So new
users are welcome to use it.

> Where would LaTeX be without the many users that do step beyond it into
> TeX to write extra packages that do all kinds of different things?

As said there are always some how are interested in development.  The
real problem would be lack of users.  Take care of users, not of developers :-)

Carsten