Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:07:52 -0500

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 07:31:23PM +0100, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:
> I say we shouldn't change the interpretation of
> numeric expressions.
>       :
>   3. It's not necessary, because order of operations
>      can always be specified by using parentheses.

Maybe it needs to be said that "good practice" implies that _all_
arithmetic expressions should be fully parenthesized so there is no
chance for misinterpretation.

        ... order of operations _should_ always be specified by
        using parentheses.

I'm starting to do that in my code because if I've been reading code in one
language for too long I forget and start misinterpreting code in other
languages.  It helps me make fewer mistakes and documents what I meant.

--
 Mike Bianchi