Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 07:26:27 +0100 (CET)

>> Here is another idea. Use the existing (;) notation eg as follows
>>
>>     (Ex; expr )

This is a nice idea and indeed a possible solution to the problem.
However, I think it's probably too restricted to cover all aspects
people were discussing here.

> Werner, have you considered enhancing expression syntax in the past?

No. :-)

> If so, what were you ideas for fitting it into the existing syntax?

After reading this thread I think the best solution is to define a new
request, for example `.ifx' (`if' extended).  Then it would be
straightforward to define a new, flexible syntax that is not hampered
by backwards compatibility.