Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 13:19:55 +0000

Hi Tadziu,

> Unfortunately, this also means inventing a new syntax.  How should
> "\*", "\(", and "\[" be treated -- as groff escapes or as
> regular-expression magic?

Exactly.  Taking an earlier suggestion for OR, it's valid now.

    $ nroff | grep .
    .if 'a'a'b'c'
    b’c’
    $

However, a new syntax is needed.  I'd guess something at the start that
is currently invalid would indicate a whole new style of expression is
present, one with typical precedence, and more string matching
possibilities.

Cheers, Ralph.