Re: [Groff] Strange error messages from Groff 1.22.3

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Groff] Strange error messages from Groff 1.22.3
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 22:31:39 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
 |> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 13:50:48 +0100
 |> From: Steffen Nurpmeso <address@hidden>
 |>
 |> Doug McIlroy <address@hidden> wrote:
 |>|* For a ludicrous example, when I type my own name,
 |>| M. Douglas McIlroy
 |>|at the beginning of a line--as for a signature or author line--
 |>|Open Office thinks that I've begun a paragraph numbered with
 |>|a Roman numeral, and proceeds to tack "MI." onto the beginning
 |>|of the next line!
 |>|
 |>|Groff has blessidly little AI. Let's keep it so.
 |>
 |> This example is terrible
 |
 |Let's keep this in proportion: the problem is not as horrible as it
 |might sound.  More often than not, this "auto-correction" feature is
 |very good, it fixes minor typos like exchanging letters, failure to
 |start a sentence from a capital letter, etc.  When it goes bad, you
 |can always insist on your spelling, and you can selectively turn off
 |some of the more "viral" correction types.

I never used such things.  I do not even use aspell i think is its
name.  I am using dictionary lookups because my English has become
even worse than my German over time :(, i really had to stay some
time in an English speaking country to improve that again, but if
i am making faults then, well, i am making faults.
Noone is perfect.  But right.
I give a shit on shiny happy correct text if its artificial.
I also don't use Prozac to make a good and energetic impression.
I wouldn't freeze ovocytes since i'm always happy to see free cows
with their bull on a pasture, some of the latter are real
gentleman.  At least more or less.
Things are different in books, but unfortunately lecturers are
paid very badly (even though the Schröder / Fischer admin.
established minimum wages).  Luckily a lot of wifes seem to be
able to afford doing good translation and lecturing, because
otherwise the remaining good publishers would possibly vanish,
too.  Just my one cent.

--steffen