[Groff] pic: No white space allowed between . and PS?

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: [Groff] pic: No white space allowed between . and PS?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:25:37 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

normally tabs can be put between the a dot and a request or macro name.  But
this does not seem to work for tbl, pic etc.  I had put a pic description in an
.if:

.if <condition> \{\
.     PS
<pic description>
.     PE \}

which does not work.  But why should this not be allowed?

Carsten

(PS: I needed to send to send this mail a second time.  I don't know if my mail
provider or any groff list mail content checker is the problem....)