Re: [Groff] release ready

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] release ready
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 07:27:57 +0100 (CET)

> First, some fonts in devpdf (U-* fonts) are not built unless
> `afmtodit' is already present (for example if groff is already
> installed).  Attached a patch to force the build of afmtodit before
> fonts/devpdf.

Applied, thanks.

> The second problem is that the example
> contrib/mom/examples/letter.pdf is not correctly built: letters with
> a French accent ("é" or "è") are not correctly displayed.  I don't
> understand this problem: a few months ago or in the previous tarball
> this pdf was correctly generated but the -k option was not passed to
> pdfmom.  I don't know how these characters were managed, nor what
> changed since then.

The file's encoding was changed to UTF-8, but the infrastructure was
not to handle this correctly.

  . Use groff's `-k' flag.  This needs a proper encoding tag in the
    file as described in the preconv manpage.

  . Otherwise, `-K utf8' should be used to force UTF-8 encoding.

Peter, please fix.