Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:01:40 -0400

Gregoire --

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014, GregExp wrote:
> I could take the chapter 3.1 (terminal)and 3.2 (éditeur de texte en
> console) after the chapter 3.3 (wich describe the  "normal" using of
> groff) of even at the very end, after chapter 7, as "special using of
> groff".

That's probably the best way to deal with it.  From my own
experience of leading people through groff for the first time, I
always begin with: "Step one, fire up a text editor."  The basic
learning flow is:

- fire up a text editor (doesn't matter if it's a console or GUI interface)
    - demonstrate basic groff usage with some simple text
        - introduce command line and options
            - process the demonstration
--
Peter Schaffter