Re: [Groff] release ready

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] release ready
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 13:10:20 +0200 (CEST)

> I had a problem with make install (again illegal byte sequence).
> As a result I had an incomplete installation.
> This was fixed with LANG=C.

Uh, oh, this is not enough information.  Please show us the *exact*
error message.

> download in devpdf really needs tabs, using space as a separator
> does not work.  (And having a trailing space after the file name is
> not a good idea.)

You mean `font/devpdf/download', right?  It behaves exactly as
documented!  From the gropdf manpage:

  ... fields must be separated by tabs ...

Deri can certainly give more details why spaces are not allowed,
contrary to grops.

> gropdf didn't like the font descriptions I generated with afmtodit
> 1.19.  Regenerating them did help.

Good to know, thanks.