Re: [Groff] release ready

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Groff] release ready
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 10:01:39 +0100

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 09:13:16AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> I think I've now done everything to make a new release – essentially,
> it was a matter of continued comparation between the last tarball and
> the current git repository.  There are surprisingly few changes
> (expect Bernd's clean-up of copyright issues), so I don't expect large
> surprises.
>
> After Bernd's commits to fix the IPC issue, I can do `make dist' and
> distribute it.  Before doing this, however, I want to wait a few days
> so that you can test and check whether everything's fine.  Please do so!

I tried running a test "make dist", importing that into my Debian
packaging branch, and building.  This failed because src/utils/xtotroff
was missing.  On looking back I see this in the configure output from
before "make dist":

  configure: gxditview and xtotroff won't be built

I think it would be a good idea to make sure that these directories are
present regardless of configuration.

Thanks,