[Groff] order of PRINTSTYLE and other requests in mom

From: Ulrich Lauther
Subject: [Groff] order of PRINTSTYLE and other requests in mom
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 23:26:05 +0200

Hi,

the mom-docu says:

  As mentioned above, PRINTSTYLE TYPESET must come before any changes to mom’s
  default typographic settings. For example,
     .PAPER A4
     .LS 14
     .PRINTSTYLE TYPESET
  will not changes mom’s default paper size to A4, nor her default document
  leading [to] 14 points, whereas
     .PRINTSTYLE TYPESET
     .PAPER A4
     .LS 14
  will.

However, my file
  .\" mom lnd
  .PAGEWIDTH    842p
  .PAGELENGTH   595p
  .PRINTSTYLE TYPESET
  .PT_SIZE 90
  .sp 10c
  Newly painted!

prints "Newly painted!" in big letters and landscape, as intended.

However, if I move the .PAGE* requests down, after .PRINTSTYLE,
they are ignored and the output looks like

  Newly
  painted!

So who is wrong? mom, the docu, or my understanding?

Cheers,

  ulrich