Re: [Groff] new automake system

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [Groff] new automake system
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 01:37:44 +0200

Hi Werner,

On Fri, Oct 03 2014 at 06:44:34 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> Looks good, thanks a lot!  I've just minor comments, see below.
> Please commit.

Commited with your fixes on master.  I'll cherry-pick this commit on
automake2 soon (I have to fix some comments in the `TESTS' file).  After
that I'll work on rebasing automake2.

>> +o X11 resources for gxditview, that were previously installed in
>                                   ^^^^
> I think this should be `which'.

You're right, I'm always mixing `which' (non-restrictive clause) and
`that' (restrictive clause) !

>> +  now installed in appresdir=$prefix/lib/X11/app-defaults. If
>
> Please use two spaces after a full sentence stop.

It's OK for me to use 2 spaces after a full sentence.  But I'm not used
to it, I've always been taught to use a single-space after a full stop
(French spacing ?!).  I've just noticed that a lot of people on the list
use 2 spaces after a full stop.  What is the main reason ?  I googled on
this subject, I found out that two spaces are more traditional but less
and less used.  Also, isn't groff by default displaying a single space
after a full stop ?

Bertrand Garrigues