Re: [Groff] new automake system

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] new automake system
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 07:09:39 +0200 (CEST)

> IMO, if the new make system requires a download of something that is
> already built and installed on my machine, then the new make system
> is significantly worse than using the standard ./configure.

What Bertrand is working on affects the bootstrapping process, this
is, building everything from the `git' repository.  Yes, this now
needs a lot more of resources, at the advantage of much easier
maintainance for the developer.  However, it doesn't affect the
end-user build from the created tarball, which will be exactly the
same as before.