Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 01:20 +0100

On Sun 21 Sep 2014 20:50:37 Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 21/09/14 20:04, Deri James wrote:
> > I'm glad that Ulrich has answered you, it was not my place to
> > identify the person as they contacted me privately,
>
> Sure, but we must strenuously discourage such private communications;
> how on earth can we expect to effectively co-ordinate development, if
> potential developers are left in the dark, regarding what each other is
> doing?
>
> > but I felt the list should be aware something was in the wind.
>
> Right.  Not just "should"; it is imperative.

Keith,

I hope you agree that what I did was correct. If someone asks to look at my
code, it does not mean they are definitely going to write something, so its
not my part to announce their definite involvement, since the final decision
is theirs. However, I wanted to inform the list in case someone else was
working on the same thing. Have I breached etiquette by dealing with the
circumstances in this way?

> > I thought I'd mentioned that my perl pdfbb program used the same code
> > as in gropdf, and I assumed you already had that.
>
> I will have, if it's in the groff repository, but since I don't know
> perl, I'll need some help to locate the pertinent code.

Gropdf, in git, contains the same code as pdfbb, except I pulled out the pdf
other projects.

> > I'd be happy to send you the same email I sent to Ulrich but the
> > email address;-
> >
> >     Keith Marshall <address@hidden>
> >
> > Bounces my emails
>
> Strange.  It is working, but may be faulting intermittently; I'll log an
> issue with SourceForge.  Meanwhile, you might try the alternative, from
> which I've posted this.

I am about to send the email I sent to Ulrich to your email address, and it
includes the smtp rejection received from Sourceforge.

Cheers

Deri