Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro

From: Ulrich Lauther
Subject: Re: [Groff] PDFPIC macro
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:22:25 +0200

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 03:29:18PM +0100, Keith Marshall wrote:

> > Yes, it is. Someone on the list has contacted me, with a view to writing
> > the
> > code,
>
> Who might that be?  If it was off-list, then we have a problem -- we all
> need to be kept in the picture, with this sort of stuff.  I ask because...
>
> > and I have provided the perl version.
>
> I have not seen this, nor any pointer to it, yet I have already begun to
> explore possibilities at the C/C++ level.  I don't want to waste my time
> duplicating someone else's effort, but I would need some help to find my
> way through perl code.

It was me, who asked for the perl code and got it just today.
I did not yet start any work on it, just a quick look at the code
to find out how difficult translation to C++ would be.
If you a going to implement a C/C++ version, I won't proceed.
So far I did not post on the list, because I had not yet decided to work on
this.

Deri provided also a link to the pdf-documentation, which unfortunately
consists of
978 pages:
wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/pdf/pdfs/pdf_reference_archives/PDFReference.pdf

Deri also gave some hints on the structure of pdf documents, which he might
post to the list.

> Regards,

  ulrich

--