Re: [Groff] License for files with »ideal« parts

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] License for files with »ideal« parts
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:32:10 +0200

> Von: "Ralph Corderoy" <address@hidden>
>
> > Your best bet may be to write a mail to Professor Chris Van Wyk (the
> > Copyright holder in the sense of the Berne Convention) and kindly ask
> > him for permission.
>
> Eric Raymond contacted the professor in March this year, so it would be
> nice not to contact him again without taking up the status with Eric
> first.  IIRC Chris passed on some details of a contact at Bell Labs who
> had helped sort out legal issues before, but I don't know anything more;
> I may have been dropped from the CC list.

I had contact with Prof. Wyk.  He showed my that all critical files were
part of CSTR #103 at Bell Labs.  A link for that paper is also found as
part of `TODO' at `troff.org'.

I removed all example files with `git rm'.  Then I wrote 2 `README.txt'
files and added as only not FSF-file the CSTR #103 of Prof. Wyk.  I hope
that's will be ok.  Otherwise I will only add a link in my man-pages
`gideal.1' and `ideal.7'.

Thanks for the several comments.  I have to learn more about git.

Bernd Warken