Re: [Groff] Overview, Sept. 2014

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Overview, Sept. 2014
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 20:02:30 +0200 (CEST)

> The problem with global variables is their long range effect,
> comparable with the infamous goto statement: considered harmful.

I like `goto' a lot, and it is an invaluable instruction if used with
care.  The same is true with global variables.  Sorry to say, but we
are now going into hearsay and hollow statements, which isn't helpful.

It's now the third time that I ask for a real example in groff's code
that you consider irritating.