Re: [Groff] Missing text in PDF with Mom

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: [Groff] Missing text in PDF with Mom
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 09:06:50 -0700

> On Saturday, September 6, 2014 2:16 AM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > On 06-Sep-2014 08:05:46 Ralph Corderoy wrote:
>>  Hi Mike,
>>
>>>  So it is my first ever attempt at using Groff.
>>
>>  Welcome!
>>
>>>  The generated pdf file doesn't have any paragraphs when viewed
>>>  by Adobe Reader XI Version 11.00.08 on Windows 8 64-bit.  It is
>>>  nothing but title text.
>>
>>  ...and the "- 1 -" page number at the bottom?
>>
>>>  But if I convert the resultant pdf to a PNG using pdftopng 3.04 on
>>>  Fedora, the title text and the paragraph text appears.
>>
>>  That's odd, because it doesn't appear for me;  I get the same as
> viewing
>>  the PDF.  And if I look at the PDF's contents, I don't think the
> text is
>>  there.  The qdf(1) program can make the PDF more readable.

Doh!  I figured it out.

The problem was that my http server cache instance was caching a
previous version of the file, so when I looked at it online, I
was getting a previous attempt.

Can now confirm that it works both in Adobe Reader 11.0.08 and
the default "Reader" app on Windows 8.1 Metro.

Thanks,

Mike