Re: [Groff] [Heirloom] Generating doc/ files

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] [Heirloom] Generating doc/ files
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:34:12 +0100 (BST)

On 27-Aug-2014 22:39:23 Dale Snell wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:04:27 -0400
> Doug McIlroy <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Groff is open source. A conscientious author will strive
>> to make source--the whole source including documentation--as
>> easily portable as possible. Documentation created in the back
>> room and distributed only in PDF is the antithesis of open.
>
> I quite agree.
>
>> I hope "Linux Libertine" is a joke that I don't happen to
>> understand.
>
> Linux Libertine is the name of a free/open typeface.  Whether the name
> was a deliberate joke or not I do not know.  Possibly someone forgot to
> look up "libertine" in the dictionary?
>
> --Dale

I've been trying to restrain myself since first seeing "Linux Libertine"
in this thread, but now ...

I think a Linux Libertine could be implemented as a Helvetica Bold,
or (in its "outline" version) as Helvetica Bold Blonde.

With apologies to our Helvetian members.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 28-Aug-2014  Time: 10:34:09
This message was sent by XFMail