Re: [Groff] OT: Fork of the Heirloom Documentation Tools for fixing bugs

From: Pierre-Jean
Subject: Re: [Groff] OT: Fork of the Heirloom Documentation Tools for fixing bugs
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:21:54 +0200

Hello groffers !

Carsten Kunze <address@hidden> wrote:

> For discussing heirloom troff (and other non-groff
> specific macro packages and tools) a mailing list will be
> set up to not misuse the groff list and annoy groff-only
> list members (further ;).

I'm currently setting up that list: it should be
available in a week or two.

Carsten Kunze and I had a long discussion since we are both
working on (and with) troff which are not groff. We believe
that this kind of discussion could interest more people, and
since there's no meeting point for the whole troff community
yet, we decided to create one.

At least, we need a list to share bugs about DWB, Heirloom
and Plan9 troff. But we also want a list to discuss about
the the recent troff developments, such as Carsten's Troff,
Neatroff, Utroff, to share ideas, tips, requests, and
comments.

It appears to Carsten and I that there's place to some
coordination even if we are working on different projects,
with different goals, and using different troff
implementations. Diversity with compatibility is one of the
strength of troff, giving a place to that diversity is the
goal of this list.

Cheers,

Pierre-Jean.