Re: [Groff] Howto fix groff.7 in new `automake'

From: Ingo Schwarze
Subject: Re: [Groff] Howto fix groff.7 in new `automake'
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:57:28 +0200

Hi Bernd,

Bernd Warken wrote on Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 07:07:18PM +0200:

> I made some repair in groff.7 (man/groff.man).  Howto can this be
> integrated in the new `automake' stuff?  The old `git' might not work.

Just commit as you always did.  Do nothing fancy.

Of course, you should be on the master branch when committing;
if you are unsure which branch you are on, you can say

  git branch

or

  git status

to check or

  git checkout master

to return to the master branch.

You shouldn't worry about merging to the automake branch,
that's not your task.  The maintainer of the automake branch
will take care of merging when it makes sense.  Actually,
if i were maintaining the automake branch right now, i'm
not sure i would merge changes as the one you are about to
commit right now.  It would clutter the branch and make it
harder to see what was actually changes on the branch, and
what is merely a change merged from master.  Then again,
for testing, it may be good to have all changes merged.
Either way, that's Bertrand's call, not yours or mine.

By the way, this has nothing to do with "git" vs. "not git"
or "git" vs. "automake".  We are merely talking about two
branches, both within one and the same git repo.

Yours,
  Ingo