Re: [Groff] Automake migration proposal

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: [Groff] Automake migration proposal
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 09:56:40 -0700

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 00:23:06 +0200
Bertrand Garrigues <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made some progress on the Automake migration. The targets that
> were not functionnal yet (namely make install, uninstall, check, dist,
> distcheck) are now completed.
>
> I've pushed a new branch (called 'automake') on groff's git
> repository. To test it:
>
> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/groff.git
> git checkout automake
> ./bootstrap
> mkdir build
> cd build
> ../configure
> make -j
>
> For the moment I've tested it only on my main Linux distro (Arch
> Linux), more tests are needed.

Bertrand,

I built this branch on my Fedora 19 system, and it seems to work
fine.  There was one warning during the make phase:

src/libs/libgroff/version.cpp:3:24: warning: ‘Version_string’ initialized and
declared ‘extern’ [enabled by default]
 extern "C" const char *Version_string = "1.22.2";
                        ^

Frankly, if that's the only warning, I'm more than happy.  Most
projects I've built have swarms of warnings.

Thanks for all your efforts.

--Dale

--
Eye halve a spelling chequer           I ran this poem thru it
It came with my pea sea                I'm sure your pleased to no