Re: [Groff] Are your gropdf and pdfmom man pages installed?

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: [Groff] Are your gropdf and pdfmom man pages installed?
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 13:48:13 -0700

On Wed, 02 Jul 2014 11:01:29 +0100
Deri James <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue 01 Jul 2014 17:41:24 Dale Snell wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 19:20:57 -0500
> >
> > I'm running Fedora 19, and I have man pages for both gropdf and
> > pdfmom.  The man command displays them both just fine.  My groff
> > version is 1.22.2.
> >
> > Sounds to me like a packaging error in Gentoo Linux.
> >
> > --Dale
>
> I know some distributions split groff into multiple packages,
> sometimes they separate out parts of groff which require perl into a
> separate package. Gropdf and pdfmom may be in another package.
>
> Deri

Ooh, is my face red.  You're right about multiple packages per
program.  That idea had totally slipped my alleged mind.  What
makes it especially embarrassing is that Fedora does just that:
groff, groff-base, groff-doc, groff-perl, and groff-x11.  I always
install everything, and never think about it afterwards.

--Dale

--
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Sam: "So what's the matter with it?"