Re: [Groff] Are your gropdf and pdfmom man pages installed?

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: [Groff] Are your gropdf and pdfmom man pages installed?
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 17:41:24 -0700

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 19:20:57 -0500
Dave Kemper <address@hidden> wrote:

> I finally updated my system-wide groff installation from 1.21 to
> 1.22.2.  I notice that two man pages new in 1.22.2, those for gropdf
> and pdfmom, were not installed in the upgrade.
>
> I don't know if this omission is due to a problem in groff itself, or
> in Gentoo Linux's groff package.  If you have a non-Gentoo Linux box
> on which you've installed groff 1.22.2 with your distro's package
> manager, can you tell me whether "man gropdf" works?

I'm running Fedora 19, and I have man pages for both gropdf and
pdfmom.  The man command displays them both just fine.  My groff
version is 1.22.2.

Sounds to me like a packaging error in Gentoo Linux.

--Dale

--
"A proper saute pan should cause serious head injury if brought
down hard against someone's skull.  If you have any doubts about