[Groff] General nroff/troff question regarding .bp and .ne in diversions

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: [Groff] General nroff/troff question regarding .bp and .ne in diversions
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 18:10:25 +0200 (CEST)

I'd like to use a diversion for printing the bibliography. There I'd like to
avoid page breaks inside items. I tried to use .ne or .bp, both did not work.
For .bp I found in the groff that it does not work inside (not-top-level)
diversions, but for .ne it is not mentioned there.

I wonder why .bp and .ne do not work in diversions. One could say it is an
inconsistency since "any" other formating request does work. (Of course it is
correct when it does not work in groff when it did not in traditional *roff.)

Is there any way to force a page break, when I have a multi page diversion? (I
anyway measure the diversion height, so e.g. including a trimmed .sp should
work.)

--Carsten