Re: [Groff] [patch] unbreak make install

From: Vaibhaw Pandey
Subject: Re: [Groff] [patch] unbreak make install
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 10:22:18 +0530

This is probably a good time for me to pop this question which I have had
for a while: Don't we have a formal unit-test/review cycle around the
commits we make into the code base? Also do we have any test suites around
major packages that can quickly sanitize our checkins? Or an automated
build and test system?

Groff seems to be complex enough for not just one person to get their heads
around, thus complex enough that one might break something somewhere
inadvertently? We certainly seem to have enough code flux to warrant such
infrastructure.

Also, if we have a solid process around, new developers (like me) will be
less apprehensive of making code changes!

Have we investigated this in the past?

- Vaibhaw