Re: [Groff] My way to run preprosessors and to set options

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] My way to run preprosessors and to set options
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:03:05 -0400

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014, Ulrich Lauther wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:48:51AM +0200, Bernd Warken wrote:
> > > No, I am not (yet?) a groff contributer.  But I could publish
> > > my script, if there is general interest.
> >
> > Please publish your script!  The implementation in `grog' would
> > be very easy.  But `groff.cpp' needs C++, which is still quite
> > hard.
> >
> > It would be useful as well, if the `tmac' name is included as
> > well: man, mdoc, me, mm, me, mom, etc.  For it is often hard to
> > discover with `grog' and `groffer' which `tmac' should be there,
> > e.g. the difference of `man' and `ms'.
> >
> It is attached and might need some adjustments according to individual needs.

The mom macros are primarily geared towards producing PDF rather
than PostScript, and should be processed with Deri's pdfmom wrapper
in order to make full use of the PDF optimizations.  The script
assumes -Tps for all files and converts them to PDF with ps2pdf,
which would fail, for example, in the case of images inserted with
the PDF_IMAGE macro.  If the script is bundled with groff, mom files
need to be handled slightly differently:

  - processed with pdfmom
  - a command line flag to invoke pdfmom with -Tps if desired

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca