Re: [Groff] Three topics related to images

From: Ulrich Lauther
Subject: Re: [Groff] Three topics related to images
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 22:48:56 +0200

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 03:40:42PM +0200, mikkel meinike wrote:
> Hello all
> I have during the past two years become increasingly groff user or perhaps
> more specifick mom uses. I try as much as possible to stick to one macro
> package to keep my text setting life as simple as possible. I am a human
> being who work with images and therefore I also come a long way by now with
> pictures in mom, but now I come to a point where I have a few questions
> about this topic.
>
> To place two images side by side.
> How to place to two or more images side by side. HTML treateds a little
> picture almost as if it were a text item. If you put two pictures in the
> code after eatch other then they appear side by side (if there is space for
> that on the line). Can you do something similar in groff or what does it
> take to put two pictures up next to each other?

Here is an example of how I do it usually:

Finding a shortest path from node $a$ to node $e$ using Dijkstra's
algorithm:
.P
.mk
.PSPIC -L dijkstra.eps 10c
.rt
.sp -0.7v
.PSPIC -R dijkstra2.eps 10c

Why the ".sp -0.7v" is needed to achieve alignment, is mystery to me. Could
somebody explain?

Now, that I think about it, it might be possible to put the images into a table.
But I never tried that.

Cheers,

  ulrich