Re: [Groff] Forcing a blank page

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] Forcing a blank page
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 09:47:36 +0200 (CEST)

> >> .bp
> >> .if o .bp
> >>
> >> it doesn't work reliably.
> > groff's MM macros .SK does something like
> >
> > .bp
> > .if o \{\
> > \&
> > .bp \}
> >
> I'm using s.tmac, but your example helped me figure it out.  Thanks!

.bp
.if o .bp +1

would be more simple. A new page is forced if there is an argument to .bp.

(Remember that there are only 8 requests which can be mixed with the MS macros,
but .bp is one of them.
Also consider that the MS capabilities are limited, troff can be much more
powerful. MM would be an alternative but for having "perfect" typography
writing an own macro package is not difficult and generally a good idea.)