Re: [Groff] `fi' makes trouble in pdf

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] `fi' makes trouble in pdf
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 14:49:39 +0200

> Von: "Tadziu Hoffmann" <address@hidden>
>
> > How do you recommend `disassembling' a PDF to inspect
> > its contents?  I'm happy grokking PostScript but want to
> > see the PDF's structure so pdf2ps's output, for example,
> > isn't suitable.
>
> There is a wonderful program called "qpdf" that converts a
> PDF file into an equivalent PDF file optionally performing a
> number of conversions, such as uncompressing the contents
> (then it's called a "QDF file", but it's still legal PDF).
> It has a companion program "fix-qdf" that updates the internal
> pointers in case the byte-offsets of the objects shift around
> when you edit the file.

qpdf's don't work for me.

But I added the `-P-y -PU' into the actual git-groffer in mode
`--pdf'.  So the suitable code will be called automatically.

I could not do that for the `groffer ' mode `--pdf2', which uses
`groff' mode `ps' and generates `pdf' with `ps2pdf'.  There
the ligature error still exists.  As the pdf-mode of `groff'
improved, `groffer --pdf2' seems to be no longer necessary.

How about appending the `-P-y -PU' in pdf-mode also for the new
coming `grog'?

Bernd Warken