Re: [Groff] `groff_char.7' works only for `man', but not for `groff'

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] `groff_char.7' works only for `man', but not for `groff'
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 14:25:25 +0200

> Von: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
>
> > Now grog accepts not only the 4 characters, but all 8 from groff's
> > options.  That will not hurt anything.
>
> Well, yes, but currently only `man' interprets this comment, and `man'
> exclusively wants a leading ' and nothing else...
>
> > How about handling this feature also for other roff files?
>
> What exactly do you mean?

So far the first info line is used only by `man'.  But this additional
information line looks quite useful.

Why not allowing (not forcing) this additional first line also for
every other files written in some `groff' language document?  That is
already done in `grog', but I don't know who to implement that in
the `groff' program.

Bernd Warken