Re: [Groff] Using non-ASCII characters in mom

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Using non-ASCII characters in mom
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:35:42 -0400

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014, Per Edin wrote:
> I'm having some trouble getting non-ASCII characters to work in my
> mom-based documents. With pdfmom -k I get them to work without problem
> in running text, but, when I use them inside quotes in .HEADING and
> .TITLE I receive errors similar to:
>
> noname.mom:60: can't translate character code 229 to special character
> `oa' in transparent throughput
> noname.mom:60: can't translate character code 229 to special character
> `oa' in transparent throughput
> noname.mom:60: can't translate character code 246 to special character
> `:o' in transparent throughput
>
> I'm lost, ideas to fix this are welcome. :)

The error messages are a by-product of PDF processing (TITLE and
HEADING assign PDF bookmarks) and can safely be ignored--unless your
output is incorrect.  If that's the case, post again with whatever
additional details will help figure out what's going on.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca