Re: [Groff] Formatting algorithm

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Formatting algorithm
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:10:33 +0100

Hi Ulrich,

> Yes, the preceding text needs to be adjusted. But why shouldn't the
> adjustment algorithm when working on one "physical paragraph" be
> allowed to "steal" one or more words from the next physical part of
> the logical paragraph.

Because the inserted equation or quote needs to be precisely at

    that point

within the paragraph?  It is not an aside that just has to appear
somewhere nearby.

When it is merely related then I'd have thought the source would be two
paragraphs, logically and physically, with the aside floated off and the
line length of the main paragraph adjusted to flow around it?

Cheers, Ralph.