Re: [Groff] Groff to pdf/Windows

From: \"Robert Thorsby\"
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff to pdf/Windows
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:12:54 +1100

On 04/03/14 12:55:48, Clarke Echols wrote:
I've been using groff to create a PostScript file, then I use the Linux convert command:

     convert file.ps file.pdf

and I've never had a problem with people reading it when I email it to them, whether they're on mobile devices, PCs, or Macs.

Did I miss something?

Just to muddy the waters a bit, I've been emailing PDF files to Windows and MAC types for years. I create a ps file in groff and then use ps2pdfwr (the latest of the ps2pdf conversion utilites I've used over the years) to create the PDF file, with the following switches:

ps2pdfwr -dEmbedAllFonts=true -dUseCIEColor=true -dPDFSETTINGS=/printer \
  groff_input_file.ps output_pdf_file.pdf

I've never had a complaint.

Cheers,
Robert
Programming is one of those things that humans are not
quite smart enough to do. -- Thangodin (Slashdot)