Re: [Groff] man pages in tmac

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] man pages in tmac
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 21:45:44 +0100 (CET)

> In groff/tmac there are several man pages.  They are on he wrong
> place there.
>
> We should move them to groff/man, where they belong.
>
> I could do that tomorrow.

In general, I don't object.  While I personally prefer the layout
as-is, I can see the benefits of collecting all man pages in a single
directory.

HOWEVER, there are at least two reasons to do it later.

  1. For a smooth transition to a new maintainer, I strongly suggest
     to not introduce larger changes; this avoids maintainance issues.
     Preferably, such a change should be done right after the next
     release.

  2. If moving man pages, *all* man pages of groff should be moved in
     one rush (probably in a series of commits).  This is a lot of
     work.

So: Thanks for the offer, and please proceed *after* the next release.