Re: [Groff] removing RUNOFF man page

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] removing RUNOFF man page
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 12:35:25 +0100 (CET)

> Von: "Ralph Corderoy" <address@hidden>

> > as I will write my own program for RUNOFF, I will remove the man page
> > runoff.man from the groff source because of name mixing with my future
> > program.  This man page does not suit to groff anyway.  Sorry for
> > that.
>
> That's a shame as the historical detail was interesting.  It was
> runoff(7) so I don't think it would clash with a future runoff(1).
> Besides, there's quite a few man-page clashes and the distro-packagers
> sort them out.

I'll need runoff.7 in the future.  For historical information, you can look
there later on.  The program will be published unter savannah nongnu.
I'll report it here when the program will be finished.

> It also changes the licence from >=GPLv3 to >=GPLv2 on a couple of files
> that remain;  they're copyright FSF.  COPYING at the top level is v3.  I
> don't know if this is an issue, just raising it for those that do.

GPL2 is logical, GPL3 is bullshit from `above'.  Debian succesfully fought
against GPL3 for years.  Everything using GPL3 and FDL became non-free and
was hidden in normal Debian publications.

You should know more details about that.
No thanx - bye-bye GPL3, GPL2 is the real free software base.

Bernd Warken