Re: [Groff] Typesetting dashes

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Typesetting dashes
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:52:39 +0000

Hi,

Tadziu wrote:
> > I can't think of a situation where you would want to mix point sizes
> > on a line.
>
> Correct.  This usually isn't done.

I suppose one case I can think of has come from web pages;  a headline
with supplementary information following in smaller text, e.g. a
short-URL to a matching online resource, `goo.gl/foo'.  Putting them all
as footnotes is a needless level of indirection and clutter when the
small font means they're readily skipped anyway.

Cheers, Ralph.