Re: [Groff] Where do we go from here?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [Groff] Where do we go from here?
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:19:29 -0500

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
> Actually, if you are in the mood, it would be great if you simply do
> the conversion!  I don't see a reason to delay that, and setting up
> git for groff is just a click on Savannah's project administration
> page.

I have two issues with that.  One is temporary and minor, the other is not.

The temporary, minor issue is that I'm up to my eyeballs in preparing
GPSD 3.10 for release and just don't have the bandwidth right now - won't
for at least a week, probably ten days.

The other is that I only want to do this if it will actually be used.
CVS conversions are...not difficult, exactly, but *nasty*.  Unpleasant.

Are you issuing a project-leader ukase that we are going to switch? Do
we shoot the CVS repo through the head when the conversion is done?