Re: [Groff] rationale for italic correction mechanism?

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] rationale for italic correction mechanism?
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:49:42 +0100

> So does Heirloom troff's implementation work by using newly
> created tables akin to the ones for kerning?  Or does it use
> an algorithm to generate an intelligent guess?

You have to enter the values manually, using a "kernpair" request.

(You decide which font you're pairing with which other font,
and the combinations are practically limitless.  I guess
if cross-font kerning capabilities were more widespread,
tables for download could be prepared for the most commonly
used combinations, but ...)