[Groff] need help resolving groff error

From: Charlie Van Dien
Subject: [Groff] need help resolving groff error
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 18:26:51 -0400

Hello

I'm running this on a  Windows 2008R2 Sever.

When a Perl (.PL) script runs the following line:

system("groff -Tps $output_file_name.tr > $output_file_name.ps");

I get the following error:

grops:<standard input>:4:fatal error: fdopen: Invalid argument

troff: fatal error: error writng output file

. and I end up with a zero byte .ps file.

This was working prior to a server crash, upon re-install, I get the above
error.

I'm assuming a configuration issue. I believe I have all the right
permissions in place - not sure about the TEMP or TMP environment setting if
it is suppose to be different than the default. I'm not a Linux guy, but I
bet this is something simple.

All help is appreciated!

-charlie