[Groff] [mom][bug][patch] NUMBER_LINES and tbl

From: Robin Haberkorn
Subject: [Groff] [mom][bug][patch] NUMBER_LINES and tbl
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 21:51:33 +0200

Hi everyone,

found and fixed another bug in the mom macros.
Her handling of NUMBER_LINES if tbl is used was buggy.
If you used NUMBER_LINES to turn on line numbering, turned it off and
then used tbl tables, the table was numbered. Naturally if you resumed
line numbering after the table, line numbers were wrong.

My system:
Linux 3.2.0-52-generic #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 26 16:21:44 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

GNU grops (groff) version 1.22.2
GNU troff (groff) version 1.22.2

I was using mom v2.0-a1 as well as the CVS HEAD of om.tmac.

The reason was that tbl apparently evaluates \n[ln] to determine
whether line numbering is active or not - but I do not fully
understand the bulk of troff requests tbl spits out.
Nevertheless, mom's NUMBER_LINES OFF stopped line numbering but did
not reset register ln (tbl expects 0).
`ln' however is important for restarting line numbering with
NUMBER_LINES RESUME via .nm +0.

The attached tarball contains a test case (linenumber_tbl_bug.mom),
how it looked like (linenumber_tbl_bug.pdf), my patch against CVS HEAD
(linenumber_tbl_bug.patch) and how it looks fixed
(linenumber_tbl_bug_fixed.pdf).

cheers,
Robin

btw. I have a whole list of mom bugs, so expect patches and more bug
reports soon.