Re: [Groff] groff - me /texte français

From: Grégoire Babey
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff - me /texte français
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 00:20:04 +0200

Dear Ralph,

thanks a lot for writing to me and to take time to answer my questions.
Thanks too for your command-lines, very useful for mailing!
I hope you will understand very soon what I'm looking for.

The commands you send to me works fine for me too. My point is:
in place of:
$ printf 'test\xe9\n' | groff -me -mlatin9 -X
it would be much faster and easier to write
$ printf 'testé' | groff -me -mlatin9 -X
but this command doesn't work

With -man, it is possible:
printf 'testé' | groff -man -Tlatin1
testé

...works!

I don't understand what is the use of -mlatin9 because
$ printf 'test\xe9\n' | groff -me -mlatin9 -X

...give the same result as
$ printf 'test\xe9\n' | groff -me -X

Thank you for your patience
Cheers, Grégoire