Re: [Groff] `groff' options for other programs

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] `groff' options for other programs
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:27:26 +0200 (CEST)

> Von: "Ralph Corderoy" <address@hidden>
>
> > `grog' and `groffer' (maybe something else in the future) need the
> > information of the options used by `groff'.
>
> Out of curiosity, why?  :-)

grog generates a commandline based on `groff', so it must be clear which
options are real.

groffer uses `grog' and generates the needed `groff' options.  Again the
knowledge of `groff' options are necessry.

> > The Perl program reads from `groff.cpp' the function `synopsis' that
> > contains information of the `groff' options.  From this there
> > information, a 2-liner is created and written to STDOUT.  The actual
> > output reads:
> >
> > noarg: abceghijklpstvzCENRSUVXZ
> > witharg: FmTfwWMdrnoPDKLI
>
> Couldn't groffer parse `groff --help's output at run-time?

That's what I've done so far.  But that takes extra calling time.  As the
`groff' options don't change after installation, it makes sense to make
them available once at compile time.

Bernd Warken