Re: [Groff] autoconf and autoreconf

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] autoconf and autoreconf
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 19:07:03 +0100

On 13/04/13 18:38, Bernd Warken wrote:
So it seems to be not as bad as it seemed to be.  It can be kept for
further runs of `autotools', for example if someone will do
`automake'.

1) We don't use automake; the only autotool we do use is autoconf.

2) Whatever content you accumulate in *your* local autom4te.cache is specific to the results of configure tests on *your* system *alone*; it is almost certain to be inappropriate for *mine*. By committing this cache content to CVS, you are effectively asserting that no one but you, or those with systems identically configured as yours, should be able to build CVS groff.

Sure, you may keep your autom4te.cache around, for you own future use, but please don't "queer the pitch" for others, by polluting CVS with this local host specific data.

Keith.