Re: [Groff] error handling if Perl is not suitable

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] error handling if Perl is not suitable
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 21:48:49 +0200 (CEST)

> Von: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
>
> > [...] nowhere is an error handling for the case that Perl is not
> > installed or if the installed Perl does not have a suitable version.
>
> Indeed!  This surprises me, actually :-)
>
> > Is it necessary to add such an error handling somewhere in the
> > configuration or in the Makefiles?
>
> It would be a good thing, but there is no need to hurry with an
> implementation, given that there hasn't been a complaint ever, IIRC.

In `glilypond', I added an `exit 1' in `Makefile.sub' when a Perl error
occurs.  But I suppose that this is not right because it might terminate
the whole installation process.

It would make sense to install this Perl error handling at a single space
somewhere in the configure place.

Has anyone an idea how this could be made or where one can learn how to
do this.

Bernd Warken