Re: [Groff] groff_lilypond

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff_lilypond
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 09:24:10 +0100 (CET)

Bernd,

please create a ChangeLog file in groff/contrib/lilypond and add all
further commit messages to that file.  This is true for all stuff in
the `contrib' directory, BTW.

> Adding lilypond parts into groff files by using groff requests
> `.lilypond start' and `.lilytpond end'.
>
> These parts are tranformed into eps-files that can be displayed with
> `.PSPIC'.  There is a Perl-program `groff_lilypond.pl' and a
> corresponding man-page.  Both files are found in
> `groff/contrib/lilypond'.  They will not be installed so far, but
> can be used from the sourcei directory.
>
> Could you please test the files and help to complete the project
> which is so far almost experimental.

I think that (most of?) this stuff is not needed.  Reasons:

  . That grops can't handle binary files (this is, stuff correctly
    enclosed with %%BeginData ... %%EndData) is a bug which I've just
    fixed!  Note that this typo has been present since ever.

  . If you say

      lilypond --ps -dbackend=eps ...

    you get clean EPS files with one file per page.

In other words, using .PSPIC with lilypond EPS files works out of the
box.

Please try.